INTRO TO SUP SAFETY & AWARENESS SKILLS DAY
Are you new to paddleboarding? Or recently treated yourself to a SUP and keen to learn more?
This training day is designed to educate you the equipment you need, what are suitable conditions for paddleboarding, what signs to look out for in relation to the weather and how to use wind conditions to your advantage. The day provides you with the skills on what to do if you get into trouble, using SUP self rescue techniques.
Sian, founder of Psyched Adventures is an ASI Accredited Instructor and an International Mountain Leader who is highly qualified, she has completed SUP instructor qualifications with stringent conditions and knows about SUP safety.
PRICES. From £100pp
THE SESSION WILL COVER
- What equipment to use and when
- To understand SUP launching and landing
- Self and assisted SUP rescues
- SUP incident management
- To be able to source, interpret and apply a weather forecast to a water environment
- To understand how to plan a SUP journey
AT A GLANCE
- Gain valuable skills to paddleboard safely on your own adventures
- Professional and high standard event organisation, instruction and kit
- Qualified Paddleboarding Coach and International Mountain Leader
- Qualified and well experienced paddleboarding lessons
- SUP Snowdonia
- 1 day
- Full stand up paddling equipment, paddle board, paddle and leash
- High quality rash vest, wetsuit and jacket
- Changing robe (like a beach towel but better to help make getting changed easier)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Unfettered local knowledge
- Hot drinks and biscuits
- You are able to swim 50 meters in light clothing
- You have joined on an Intro to paddle boarding course with us or have other experience (please discuss prior to booking)
- A minimum of 4 guests for the activity to run or you could book an exclusive private session
WHAT TO BRING
- Optional water bottle (no single use plastic bottles please)
- Personal medication(s)
- Change of warm clothes and footwear (before and after paddle boarding)
- Spare set of underwear
- Swimwear or shorts
- Fleece or jumper (to wear on the water)
- Old trainers (you don't mind getting wet) or appropriate water sport shoes
CAN’T FIND YOUR PREFERRED DATE?
Please just get in contact by using the enquiry form and express when you would like to join us paddleboarding and I will be only to happy to help.
Yes, we accept group bookings. Please do get in touch to discuss, feel free to email or call.
We try to run our SUP experiences on Anglesey if conditions are good and suitable for SUP. However if the weather conditions aren't good, we pop over to Snowdonia to enjoy a sheltered spot. It is all about your safety and having a good time. So we find a venue suitable for you. We will contact you the day before to confirm location once we have a better understanding of the weather.
Why not treat someone to a Psyched Paddleboarding Stand Up Paddleboarding gift voucher, an ideal present for any time of the year. The vouchers are valid for 12 months and can be purchased for any activity we offer. Please buy a gift voucher from the shop here.
If you require accommodation, please discuss your needs with me, I will be only too happy to help with arranging accommodation for you. The accommodation options include cottages, luxury hotels, hostels or quaint inns, so there’s certain to be something to suit your needs and your budget.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
I have put together an extensive list of FAQs to help you with booking onto a SUP activity with us, so please do take a look here. If you have any additional questions, feel free to give me a call or send an email and I will be only too happy to help.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of the activity, or you wish please phone Sian 01248 440 831 or email email@example.com