SIAN LOVES TO PADDLEBOARD IN BEAUTIFUL PLACES
Set up by Sian Sykes, a fully qualified outdoor instructor based in Anglesey and Snowdonia, in North Wales. Sian was the first person to Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) around Anglesey!
Sian's loves nothing more to inspire others and to offer a high quality and truly memorable stand up paddleboarding (SUP) adventure either by hiking to a tranquil wilderness lake in Snowdonia or exploring the rugged Anglesey coastline. North Wales provides a perfect place for SUP adventures!
Psyched Paddleboarding are North Wales SUP specialists, providing stand up paddleboarding SUP experiences - Introduction to SUP, SUP Safari's, SUP Adventure Days, SUP Holidays, SUP Retreats, SUP Micro Adventures and SUP Safety & Awareness course. We also offer exciting holidays such as SUP retreats in Anglesey, North Wales, to the West Coast of Scotland and further afield. Join Sian on an advance training session to give you the confidence and skills to fully prepare you for your own SUP journeys.
Psyched Paddleboarding loves to paddleboard in beautiful places, come and join me...
Sian and Psyched Paddleboarding has been featured on ITV, ITV Wales, Radio Wales, BBC Wales, Telegraph, Sky News, Visit Wales, ITV Coast & Country, Coast Magazine, Welsh Coastal Magazine, SUP International, SUP Boarder Magazine, SUP Connect, Limitless Pursuits, Daily Post and Wales Online and several blogs.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER, SIAN SYKES
Sian Sykes was born on the edge of Snowdonia and enjoyed growing up in beautiful North Wales. During her adult life, she used to work in Creative Media in London as a Project Director. However after working 15 years and working 18 hour days in the industry, she wanted a better balance in life, to reconnect with nature and to be closer to the sea and mountains. That's when she re changed her focus in life and moved back home, to do what she loves doing. Now she guides people stand up paddleboarding in beautiful places.
Sian has travelled the world, building up vast experience of leading expeditions to Nepal, Mongolia, India, China, Peru, Morocco and the Alps.
Sian loves a SUP challenge! Sian was part of the first team to cross England on a paddleboard, she was then the first person to ever SUP solo the 3 British lakes, Llyn Tegid, Windermere Lake and Loch Awe in 3 days, all unsupported. A mighty total of 69km was covered by Sian!
Sian was also the first person to circumnavigate Anglesey on a SUP which took her 5 days to complete the 120km journey. Watch her interview with ITV News
Sian enjoys linking her love for the water and mountains through SUP. Her love for the outdoors is infectious, and she’s inspired people of all ages and from all walks of life to get out and SUP.
Sian Sykes, Psyched Paddleboarding | First person to SUP solo unsupported the 3 Lakes Challenge in the UK
Sian Sykes, Psyched Paddleboarding | First person to circumnavigate Anglesey by SUP
- Qualified WSA SUP Foundation
- Qualified WSA SUP Adventure Guide
- Qualified WSA SUP Coach Safety & Rescue
- Qualified Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI) Stand up paddleboarding (SUP) instructor - Level 1 & 2
- Qualified Water Safety Rescue Award Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI)
- Qualified International Mountain Leader (IML)
- Qualified Summer Mountain Leader (ML)
- Qualified BC/UKCC Level 1 (paddlesport coach)
- Qualified BC/UKCC 2 Star
- Qualified BC/UKCC 3 Star Canoe
- Qualified BC/UKCC Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
- BC/UKCC SUP Support Discipline Module
- BC/UKCC Coastal and Tidal Planning
- VHF Radio Licence
- American Avalanche Association (AAA) Level 1
- Single Pitch Award (SPA) Climbing Instructor
- National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS)
- Instructor Qualified Rescue Emergency Care (REC2) First Aid
- Qualified Rescue Emergency Care Advanced (REC4) First Aid
- Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) Supervisor & Assessor
- Volunteer Regional Rep for Surfers Against Sewage
- Member of The Alpine Club
- Member of The Mountain Training Association (MTA)
- Member of The British Association of International Mountain Leaders (BAIML)
- Member of the BC/UKCC
WHY CHOOSE PSYCHED PADDLEBOARDING?
- Sian Sykes from Psyched Paddleboarding is well and truly PSYCHED for SUP! She is incredibly passionate about what she does.
- Based in a perfect location of Anglesey, it allows Sian the flexibility to deliver courses which are uniquely tailored to the needs of our guests and to the weather conditions. We can either choose to run stand up paddle boarding sessions on Anglesey or in Snowdonia.
- Sian is highly qualified, professional, friendly and is well experienced.
- Sian is a professional paddler with BIC SUP, Aquapac and Peak UK
- All kit & equipment is high quality. We are partners with BIC SUP, Aquapac and Peak UK as we love their kit! We also provide Ripcurl changing robe (towels) and changing mats to allow our guests to have a much easier experience.
- All kit and equipment is well maintained. All wetsuits, jackets and robes will be dry for the next day. So no more putting on soggy wetsuits!
- We use the SUPmobile! This allows us the flexibility to delivery courses pretty much everywhere in North Wales. A perfect place to get change, briefings and for a panad (Welsh for a cup of tea).
- We love to have a panad and biscuits after our sessions.
- We run a ratio of a maximum of 1:8 when stand up paddle boarding, it gives a unique and special touch, it allows for more time with you, making your experience richer, more rewarding and memorable.
- We care about our environment, we donate money to our selected charities Surfers Against Sewage and The North Wales Wildlife Trust.
- We encourage, educate and inspire our guests about the environment and ask our guests to pick up any found litter on our SUP travels.
- We take photographs during the activity, as we an offer of a service of photo's & film or GoPro hire, this is a great way to capture the moment and to share your memories with friends and family.
- All enquiries, bookings and SUP activities are done by Sian, founder of Psyched Paddleboarding. This provides you with a consistent contact, friendly face you recognise and trust.
- Sian wants to help you through your SUP journey, from introducing to SUP, helping you to select a SUP, advance training skills and joining her on a exciting SUP expedition.
- Our local knowledge combined with a wealth experience and being highly qualified, ensures you have a magical day with Sian from Psyched Paddleboarding.
- Safety is always our number one priority and we prove that you can have fun, face challenges and can be safe throughout your SUP adventure with us.
WE ARE PROUD TO SUPPORT
Psyched Paddleboarding are passionate about the environment, marine, bird and wildlife. We want to help to protect our beautiful oceans and land. We want to help to inspire and educate. We believe strongly supporting the great work by Surfers Against Sewage & The North Wales Wildlife Trust.
Sian’s Nain (grandmother in Welsh) was incredibly passionate about wildlife and spent many years studying and taking photographs of flora and fauna. She was actively involved with wildlife charity work and spent time raising money for the North Wales Wildlife Trust. To continue her Nain’s legacy, Sian donates a percentage of profit raised from activities to the North Wales Wildlife Trust. We also run joint adventures together such as SUP Micro Adventures and Porpoise and Paddle.
SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE
We are proud to be supporting Surfers Against Sewage (SAS), an environmental charity protecting the UK’s oceans, waves and beaches for all to enjoy safely and sustainably, via community action, campaigning, volunteering, conservation, education and scientific research. Psyched Paddleboarding are passionate about the environment, by being a part of Surfers Against Sewage, we a are demonstrating good corporate responsibility, generating goodwill amongst our guests and engendering a sense of pride in our company and the community we serve. Every time we are out stand up paddleboarding (SUP) we enforce and educate No Trace and encourage our guests to pick up any found litter where we paddleboard.
Sian is also a Regional Rep for Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) on Anglesey. Last year the SAS Beach Clean Series saw over 3,500 volunteers who helped to remove 10 tonnes of rubbish from 160 beautiful beaches around the U.K. The marine litter crisis is one the most significant threat to our oceans today. It is an environmental problem on a global scale and adversely impacts wildlife, the economy and human health. In the last 12 months Surfers Against Sewage volunteers have collected over 20,000 single-use drinks containers at SAS beach cleaning events. Let's do our bit to help protect our beaches, oceans and wildlife.
EQUIPMENT & KIT
Sian is a brand ambassador for Aquapac and we love them so much, we have collaborated with them as they provide what we describe the best waterproof dry bags, mobile phone cases on the market. We have well and truly tested the gear and we are pleased with the durability, flexibility and its waterproof. We recommend our guests to buy any waterproof kit from these guys based in the UK. They are professional, friendly and provide honest advice.
Sian is a brand ambassador and official partner for Peak UK. For almost 27 years they have been manufacturing world-leading paddling clothing and equipment. Based in the heart of Derbyshire, UK, they produce paddling kit for kayakers, canoeists, and stand up paddle boarders. We have partnered with Peak UK to allow our guests to have high quality kit and to feel comfortable in what they wear when they are out paddle boarding with us.
We have collaborated with Joe Brown, a fantastic outdoor equipment shop in the heart of beautiful Snowdonia. We at Psyched Paddleboarding use them a lot. All our lovely customers are entitled to a 15% discount in the shop when you book with us. Perfect for picking up supplies before you join an activity with us. They are professional, friendly and provide honest advice. Just pop in and say hello and look at some of the outdoor kit.
A small family run holiday cottages located in Llangaffo, in beautiful Anglesey, North Wales. Gwyllt cottages offer guests and their dogs a warm welcome to a uniquely secluded style of holiday accommodation. The cottages have recently been updated and were once agricultural buildings. The owners fell in love with the place for its beautiful stone buildings, enchanted copse, magnificent views of Snowdonia, it's tranquillity and charm.
A little cottage company with a big personality! We offer a superb selection of self-catering holiday cottages in North Wales. Our accommodation ranges from simple to sumptuous and you can find our cottages across Anglesey, Snowdonia & the Lleyn Peninsula!